FACT or FICTION: Is Angela REALLY Doing NaNoWriMo?

Something strange happened today and I'm turning to you guys for help.  As you all know, Angela told us all she would be taking November off from the blog to participate in NaNoWriMo. A month of writing, no distractions, she said. A secluded getaway, just her and the keyboard, she said.

And well, that's what I thought she was doing.

But then I got a disturbing email addressed to Angela. It was from Jessica Bell, a respected blogger, songwriter, singer, author of String Bridge and well known personality in our writing community.

Because I'm handling all things blogging right now, I opened it. The contents were...most unAngela-like. If Jessica were not such a stand up person, I might have dismissed the letter and picture enclosed as some kind of hoax. But, knowing her as I do...I am at a loss as to what to believe.

After some serious deliberation, I'm posting the email here in hopes someone might have answers.

~*~*~

Dear Angela,

So I kinda followed you this morning. And I brought my camera. You weren't going to your writing cabin in the woods to tap away at your NaNo project at all, were you? I mean, you lied to me. How could you? I thought we were in this together?

Original source ABC networ, DWTS

Unless...you are trying to fit in some quick research? Is your novel about extraterrestrial ballroom dancers, disguised as spunky blonds, that try to inhale human brain matter through aural orifices for experiments in cloning participants for Dancing with the Stars? If not, then I'm afraid I'm going to find it very hard to forgive you.

 Is that what your book is about? *Ahem* Wow. Don't you think that's a bit out there? What kind of audience are you targeting? And what are you doing wearing that dress? I mean, unless you're planning on sitting on some Easter eggs, I would have thought your taste would be less ... yellow. 

*Sigh* Honestly, Angela, I'm disappointed. You'd better get in touch, stat. I need an explanation.

*Whispers* Oh, and um before you leave Mr Grease Lightnin' ... couldja score his um *cough* phone number *cough* for me?

 ~Jessica Bell

This must be a mistake. A misunderstanding. I mean, this couldn't REALLY be Angela, could it? She's supposed to be WRITING, glued to her computer, surviving off of Diet Dr. Pepper and leftover Halloween Candy. And dear god of Mountain Dew, wearing that dress? Please. The word isn't even in her vocabulary.

Okay. There MUST BE a logical reason for this picture that Jessica took. I'm interested in your thoughts, Musers, so please, TAKE THE POLL...

Stay tuned, Musers. I will try and track her down. 

Becca, OUT.

** OH, AND GUESS WHAT? Today I discovered she's guest posting over at Write To Done on Using Facial Expressions to Describe Character Emotion! Further proof she's not actually Nanoing? YOU DECIDE. 

22 comments:

Jessica Bell said...

Seriously ... can someone tell me what's going on??? :-)

Matthew MacNish said...

Oh, Angela. That really does look like you, doesn't it?

My theory: Angela got tired of waiting days for me to make my move in Words with Friends, lost her mind, moved to LA, and became a publicity-zealot.

Angela Brown said...

Well...
Now...
Hmm...

Pictures don't lie...right?

Karen Lange said...

I'm glad this is being investigated. Looking forward to a full report. :)

Miranda Hardy said...

I was afraid this would happen. We need an intervention.

Z said...

If this were taken last night, maybe it was a fling before committing? Like a bachelorette party gone wrong?

J. H. Bográn said...

She's obviously doing research. Why else would she put on that big bird costume?

The thing is, we don't have sufficient data. We need to know more. Everybody, keep your eyes open!

mandy said...

I'm gonna have to write about it. Seriously. I can't let such a mystery slip me by. ;)

D.G. Hudson said...

An Alien? I can think of a few of those in politics.

beginingsinwriting said...

Well, maybe the next person will get the memo: Do not try to steal Angel's NaNo work...

beginingsinwriting said...

Angela's*

*sighs* Non-cooperating keyboards...

Angela Ackerman said...

*GASP* I CLEARLY have a evil twin, or doppelganger. How could I be dancing with Mr Hunky Pants when I am diligently locked away with my computer tippity-tapping out words for NANO?

Strange days, people...strange days. If anyone else spots this "Other" Angela, let me know because I have some seriously confining pantyhose to remove...

What? You don't write wearing panty hose? *cough*

Jemi Fraser said...

The pressure of NaNo can drive us to extremes... the poor bird!

Becca Puglisi said...

I knew she'd been under a lot of pressure, what with the book release, and inflation cutting into her poutine and pickle-flavored chips budget. But I truly had no idea it had gotten this bad.

Heather said...

I'm going with #3 because we all know the lengths us writers will go to for authenticity. ;)

Charlee said...

Ha! I added Angela to my wrimo buddy list just so I can keep tabs on her word count... (you can find me under Karlee B guys.) I would love to buddy with anyone wrimoing this year. (and yes, wrimo can be a verb, as well as a noun.)

Rachna Chhabria said...

Angela would never lie to us. Its so unlike her. This is someone else who looks like her ;)

Martha Ramirez said...

It's the evil twin isn't it?

The Golden Eagle said...

It looks like there's a mystery in the blogosphere! I'd have to go with research--experience certainly helps with realism!

Tyrean Martinson said...

Hilarious!!!

Susanne Drazic said...

LOL. Only time will tell if it is really Angela or an evil twin. : )

cleemckenzie said...

I'm chocking this to research for a new book called Motion Thesaurus. Angela would never wear yellow otherwise.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...